Top 15 Best Cheap Cloud Hosting Services 2019-2020
The crowded market in the web hosting industry makes it complicated for beginner user for the reluctant choice. If you are a developer and looking cheap cloud hosting for the first time then you must have to consider few things while selecting the best but cheapest cloud hosting.
If you are a blogger or website manager, your choice would be different compared to web developers or programmers. Usually, bloggers don't need full root access where advanced users find it useful including developers.
Either way, the primary concern that is why you are here is finding an affordable cloud hosting provider that offers not only low cost but also deliver maximum uptime, reliability, and sustainable services.
There are a lot of options available for bloggers, developers, or website creators. If you are quite a new blogger, I suggest go with a shared web hosting. It's the most affordable solution and easiest way to start a blog.
Experienced webmasters and professionals, who can't afford slow loading speed and downtimes, should consider cloud servers.
However, tech-savvy users who prefer to have admin access along with advanced features to host their apps and projects on cloud infrastructure must read this entire article.
In this article, I am not going to talk about shared web hosting. I will be explaining about some of the best cloud hosting providers available in the market using which one can avail state-of-the-art services under the budget.
Recommended Cheap Cloud Hosts
5TB + 1 IP
All of them are known as the top class companies because of reliable, stable, and secure cloud services to use in 2019 and beyond.
What is Cloud Hosting and How it Work?
Well, It is the network of servers located strategically around the globe to store user's data parallelly on all servers concurrently. It delivers extremely high speed than any other traditional shared hosting.
Though it is shared with other individuals but due to the powerful resources (CPU’s, Ram), it’s much better than standard shared hosting.
Some host charge too much for managed cloud hosting, however, there are many providing quality cloud storage with advanced features at lower prices such as Vultr.
In this type of hosting, If one server goes down, face technical issues, or massive traffic spike, other servers that are connected to the network cover the outage and your site/app never face any disruption. That’s the best feature of cloud hosting.
Also, cloud web hosting users can easily create and restore backups of their content. Added more, utilizing load balancers wisely also plays a vital role to handle traffic surges as well.
15 Best Cheap Cloud Hosting Services for 2019
Vultr is 100% SSD powered low cost as well as one of the cheapest cloud hosting providers. They have cloud servers in more than 16 cities around the world in 4 continents.
The competitive pricing, 10 Gigabit Redundant Network, flexible control panel, KVM compatibility make it the best cloud services too . You can pay bills either on the monthly or hourly basis.
Vultr offers two different services in its "Cloud Compute" category: Compute and High Performance Compute. The basic Compute plan includes 10 GB SSD storage, 512 MB Ram,1 CPU, and 0.5TB data transfer at only $2.50/mo or $0.004/hr which is insanely lower compared to other hosts. There are 10 packages available with different configurations in the Compute category.
The other "High Frequency Compute" starts at $6/month or $0.009/hr with 32GB SSD space, 1 CPU, 1GB Ram, and 1TB data transfer. It's suitable for intensive processing, demanding applications, and high performance. You can choose from 7 different plans depending on the nature of your projects.
Plus, you can bill any plan on on the monthly or hourly basis.
You have the flexibility to use different operating systems such as CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu. You can also use your custom ISO. The variety of apps like WordPress, LEMP, LAMP, cPanel can easily installed from your control panel with a single click.
All servers come with Intel CPU's, solid state drives, full root access, and instant provisioning to launch your virtual machine in a matter of few seconds.
- Redundant network link speed
- Monthly as well as hourly billing option
- 16 servers worldwide with low latency
- 100 purely SSD based hosting
- A variety of OS and ISO options + custom ISO
- 1-Click WordPress, Joomla, etc. installer
- Full root control on your VMs
- Pay as you go billing structure
- Add-ons for maximum outcomes
- No live chat for technical support, you can get in touch via ticket which is quite fast
If you manage multiple projects ranging from small to enterprise then Kamatera could be the perfect option for you. It offers a variety of cloud hosting plans alongside customization option where you can configure a suitable server depending on your usage nature.
The company has years of industry experience in IT and web hosting business. They have one of the advanced cloud infrastructures built with cutting edge technologies, solid state drives, and various global data centers.
Kamatera let you choose from 13 data centers located in 4 continents, allow more than 100 OS images, easy scalability in a few seconds, and server launch under 60 seconds.
There are dozens of operating system versions available to choose from including Windows, Linux and custom ones as well.
You can scale server resources for up to 384GB Ram, 1TB space, and 72 vCPUs with a single click right from the web based console. For billing, users can either pick hourly or monthly paying cycle.
All servers run on SSDs, Intel Xeon Gold processors, 40Gbit networking, and high speed internet connectivity. That said, you get not only the fastest but cheaper cloud hosting plans with ultimate uptime and reliability.
There is zero point of failure because of multiple servers. Kamatera's entry plan cost just $4 per month with 1 vCPU, 1GB memory, 20GB storage, and 5TB monthly data traffic, which lets you host large websites and apps.
With 24/7/365 available customer support, you can also try their service for 30 days.
- 13 worldwide server locations
- Hourly and monthly billing - no extra fees
- Full root and admin access
- Expert 24-7 customer support
- Instant scalability on-the-go
- Suitable for both Linux and Windows operating system
- Let you install custom OS
- 99.95% uptime guarantee
- Server deployment in 60 seconds
- 30 days free trial
- Trial account needs credit card
The most significant thing apart from killer features that should lighten here is CloudSigma’s transparent billing system that works on “pay-as-you-go” system. In simple words, you only pay for the resources you use instead of paying for unused resources.
Unlike many hosts, they don’t have bundled plans instead you can craft own one according to required needs like how much RAM will be suitable for your project or storage. With that way, developers and bloggers can save a lot of money which can be invested in other development things.
The company has more than 10 data centers located worldwide to ensure low latency hence fast performance across the globe. No matter, you're planning to launch a cloud hosting instance (aka instance) for PaaS, SaaS, or IaaS, they got covered you as CloudSigma offer all of these services at low prices. You can deploy Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, Custom ISO, and various other Linux distros as per requirement.
CloudSigma offers high-end cloud computing servers powered by custom KVM virtualization with 40 CPU Cores, 128 GB Ram, Solid state drive storage, and redundant 10Gig connectivity.
There is no fixed plan bundles, in fact, you can create own one according to your project or site needs. They provide a 7-day free trial using which you can try their services.
- 10+ data centers to deliver high speed
- Transparent billing system
- Live chat for instant help
- Free trial account without requiring credit card
- Dedicated resources allocation via custom KVM technology
- Allow custom ISO and templates
- Built with top class hardware
- 100% SLA uptime guarantee
- Instant deployment in seconds
- Though they have live chat but it's available mainly for sales purpose
DigitalOcean provides high performance yet cheap cloud hosting services designed for developers, bloggers, and webmasters. The flexible pricing with robust network infrastructure makes it more likely among its competitors.
The plan starts from $5/month with resources of 25 GB Disk space, 1 GB Ram, 1 CPU and 1 Terabyte data transfer.
Prices incrementally increase as resources increase. Their servers powered by SSD drives, easy to use control panel, KVM Virtualization, Hexa Core CPU’s with ECC Ram and 1GB/sec data transfer rate.
They have 12 data centers to choose from and each is protected by firewalls, advanced security measures, and latest patches. The locations of data centers are New York, London, Germany, India, Netherlands, Singapore, and Canada. They have 2 regions in the Netherlands, 6 in the USA, and the rest have one each.
You can change the server location, distribution or even install applications like LEMP, CoreOS, FreeBSD, CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, WordPress, MongoDB, MySQL, Node.js, and Docker, etc. in a single click.
DigitalOcean has very supportive community portal with a broad range of tutorials. The support is incredible but there is no live chat for technical assistance.
- SSD powered storage solutions
- Trusted by dozens of big names such as HP, Ericsson, Xerox, Salesforce and more.
- Multiple regions around the world
- Launch your droplet in less than a minute
- Numerous OS to choose from
- Support Kubernetes cluster
- Whopping 40 Gbps network speed
- Memory optimized cloud instances for real-time processing
- Looking for similar services like DO? Well, you can find some great DigitalOcean alternatives here.
5. 1and1 IONOS
1and1 IONOS also serve quite affordable cloud hosting services along with other services like domain registration, email marketing tools, shared hosting etc. Their servers are extremely fast, secure and flexible.
The best part of 1and1 is that they offer cloud packages on hourly basis. That means, you can calculate the overall cost of CPU, RAM, and Bandwidth on the hourly basis.
You can grab cloud hosting at the price of $0.1744 per hour (estimated) for a server backed by 1 Core AMD CPU, 1GB Ram, 1GB space ($0.0533/month), and 1GB traffic. with the resources of 50 Gig storage, 1 GB Ram, and 1 vCore processor server.
Also, you’ll get 24/7 technical support, Dedicated IP’s, Unlimited traffic and load balancer features. It’s highly affordable for small and starter projects to maintain budget limits.
You are also allowed to use any operating systems options such as Windows, CentOS, Debian and Ubuntu with 32/64-bit based technology. If you want affordable plans, go for 1and1, you will never regret this decision.
- Best solution for users having low budget
- One month free plan
- Options between SSD and HDD storage
- 1GB memory with free load balancer
- 24/7/365 Phone support
- Free SSL certificate
- Unlimited data transfer
- Intel Xeon processor
- You can build customized plan according to your need
- Full API, Backup, and Firewall
- Multiple data centers
- They also don't have live chat like DigitalOcean but you can contact via phone anytime
Are you looking for managed cloud platform but don’t want to spend too much money?
Well, CloudWays is a top cloud hosting provider when it comes to managed services. You can avail a cloud plan just at $10/month with 1 Core CPU, 25 GB storage, 1 TB bandwidth, and 1 GB of RAM on DigitalOcean infrastructure.
For higher CPU resources, there are tons of packages available to buy ranging from $10 to $226 per month to run demanding applications.
CloudWays offer performance optimized solutions through third party cloud computing companies like Vultr, DigitalOcean, AWS, Google, and Linode. So, you can pick from various providers at one place using this host.
They simply made it easier to enjoy business-class services without dealing with complicated stuff as Amazon Web Services and GoogleCloud is a bit complex to setup.
Keep in mind, you are not limited to install specific applications and can install unlimited applications.
Another best thing is they offer 1 Click FREE migration from one CloudWays account to another and 24/7 customer support for all plans.
- User friendly interface and managed cloud solutions
- One-click apps installer
- Fast and reliable option for WordPress and other CMS
- 24*7*365 quick live chat
- Free Let's Encrypt SSL security certificates
- You can choose CPU, Storage and Ram as per your need.
- Flexible resources scaling option
- Multiple data centers around the globe
- Little bit pricey compared to other services
- Service could be improved by lowering the price
7. Host1Plus | Heficed
Heficed, formerly known as Host1Plus serve high-end unmanaged cloud hosting services with multiple data center locations around the world. Their servers are located in Germany, South Africa, Lithuania, Brazil, the USA and the UK.
They are managing more than 64k customers worldwide and also provide shared, reseller, and Virtual Private Servers (VPS). You can grab Windows and Linux server along with custom ISO and a broad range of other pre-installed templates.
Linux server plans start at $10.50 per month with 1 Core CPU, 512 MB Ram, 10 GB disk space, and 1 TB monthly bandwidth. Along with custom server configuration, they also have 12 pre-made plans to choose from for high end configurations.
Each plan comes with 1 free backup, Xeon E5 v3 processors, 10 GB link speed, DDR4 error correcting-code ram and virtualization technology. Sounds enough to give it a try?
You can also buy Windows cloud hosting which costs higher than Linux and start at $41 per month with 4 GB of Ram, 40 GB space, 1 core CPU, and 1 TB bandwidth. That's quite expensive, so I suggest checking other cheaper alternatives for the Windows cloud.
Host1Plus has a 14 days refund policy or you can say money back guarantee policy. Before buying an annual plan, you can purchase their one month plan to check if they provide what they claim.
- Trusted by more than 64K customers
- Proactive technical support team
- Free backup for each plan
- Multiple data centers across the world
- Along with cloud services, they also offer low-cost web hosting plans for major CMS like WordPress.
- SSH keys and Custom ISO
- Multiple OS installation options such as Debian, CentOS, Ubuntu and Fedora
- Only 14 days for trial or refund time
- You will need to pay $60/month for EXTRA CARE support but there is a huge knowledge base to find easy to learn tutorials
- For cPanel you have to purchase license which costs more
Everyone loves to get more features than the money they pay, am I right? And this is where InterServer's cheapest cloud hosting comes in the game. With the ability to create custom server at the affordable price, they offer a free Bread Basket control panel to manage your hosting account.
At the cost of just $6/month, you can avail Linux cloud server with 2 GB memory, 30 GB disk space 1 Core CPU, and 2 TB giant monthly bandwidth. However, there are 16 different plans available to choose from with higher configuration to fulfill every user’s need. You can also buy Windows cloud VPS plan which starts at $10/month.
Each server built with SSD storage drives to deliver 20x blazingly fast speed than the traditional hosting along with 99.9% uptime guarantee. You can install dozens of apps on your server such as WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Magento, and Prestashop, etc.
They have 3 cloud VPS locations that support all the major operating systems like Ubuntu, Windows, CentOS, Debian, Fedora, OpenSuse, OpenWall, ArchLinux, Cern Linux, Slackware, Funtoo, and Scientific.
The vendor offer 24/7 award-winning customer support through live chat, ticket system, helpdesk, and forum.
- Highly affordable with multiple server locations
- Wide range of supported operating systems
- 24/7 instant customer support via live chat
- 20x faster SSD powered platform
- Raid 10 protected servers
- Full root access and DNS manager
- They don't offer refund option but for the very first month, you just have to pay 1 cent to try their hosting quality. And I don't think its a big issue. You'll get full account access with a bunch of premium features.
When it comes to excellent and reliable cloud hosting, we can’t neglect BlueHost. They are one of the top 10 web hosting companies providing incredibly faster, reliable and WordPress optimized cloud storage at the starting price of $6.95 per month.
You can host 1 website, 100 Gig disk space, 1 free domain, 2 GB Ram, 2 CPU’s, $50 marketing credits and much more in "Starter" plan.
However, in "Business Pro" plan ($15.95/month) they offer dedicated IP, SSL certificate, spam expert, privacy guard and site backup facilities.
When you purchase any package, you will get a domain name for one year absolutely free. Is it costly with lots of these features? Of course not! Furthermore, they mirror all of your data in three different machines to avoid data loss in case of any incidence.
As you can see above their cloud servers are faster (Just 151 ms) than many others. BlueHost utilized custom Varnish and NGINX caching system to deliver lightning fast page loading through accelerated web content.
Their dashboard is simpler and user friendly; you can easily monitor uptime, page download speed, usage trends, and global reach. The instant resources management system will never let your site down due to traffic spikes.
- Outstanding fail over technology to protect your data from any incident
- Cutting-edge server speed to deliver fast load times along with a global CDN
- Reliable option for bloggers and webmasters to get cheaper cloud sites hosting
- Three data mirroring system for extra safety
- Dedicated 24/7/365 phone and live chat
- Blazingly fast server response time of 151ms
- No site backup for "Starter" and "Performance" plans
- No restore option except "Business Pro" plan
- Sometimes live chat team take too much time to respond
DreamHost is an award-winning web hosting service for WordPress websites as well as applications. They are managing more than 1.5 million sites and apps. It is not just a web host but also offers a wide range of services such as website builder, domain name registration, and much more.
Along with other hosting solutions like WordPress hosting, Dedicated and VPS web hosting, they also provide low cost cloud computing services at unbelievable prices.
You can get SSD cloud hosting plan just at $4.50 per month with a bunch of powerful features such as root access, SSH access, SSD storage, high speed networks, superior CPU processors, MongoDB, Redis, Ruby, OpenStack, and so on…
No matter which platform you want to use, if its Windows, Linux, Node.js, Python, or whatever it is, DreamHost allow all of these stuff within all plans.
DreamHost’s cloud hosting built with SSD drives for delivering unbeatable speed across the world. The entry level cloud instance can be deployed just at $4.50/month, which includes one vCPU, 512 MB Ram, 100 GB storage block, and 80 GB SSD space.
It’s the most affordable plan, but you can also avail higher plans with more resources. Their service is enough fast to help you launch your server within 30 seconds without waiting for hours like many other competitors.
With ultimate scalability, on the go resources enhancement, KVM hypervisor servers, OpenStack interface, elegant API, and multiple data centers in Irvine and California, full control, and Dev tools, DreamCompute is a perfect fit for developers as well as programmers.
So, you can ask for the refund anytime if you don’t get what they claim. If you stuck in many hosts to decide which one should you go for, give DreamHost a try.
- Complete control and full root access
- All the plans powered by SSD drives for maximum speed and reliability
- They have good reputation among web hosts and handling more than 1.5 million sites, apps, and blogs
- 97- Day pro-long refund policy
- Start your server within 30 seconds
- You can use all the major tools
- Huge disk space (80 GB as well as 100 GB block) even for the basic package
- Free bandwidth
- Suitable for users having limited budget
- Contacting with technical support is little bit complicated
- No phone or live chat support. They offer ticket system for help which take time to get reply
11. SiteGround - Best Cloud Hosting for Big Websites and Apps
SiteGround also an excellent cloud company but cost higher compared to other hosts in this roundup. Its “Entry” plan comes with 40 GB Disk space, 4 GB Ram, 2 CPU’s, 5 TB Bandwidth, Dedicated IP, Daily Backup, Free Domain Name and 99.99% uptime guarantee at the price of $80 per month.
They provide fully managed server and ultra fast SSD based hosting to make your site blazingly fast. SiteGround has 4 data servers to choose from which are located in multiple locations.
In addition, you can activate free CDN service to make your site accessible within seconds all around the world. In case, your cloud instance goes down/face emergency their 24/7 technical staff will respond you within 10 minutes to fix the problem.
The admin control panel is easy to navigate, reliable and packed with a lot of useful tools to monitor your site statistics. You can easily create Emails address, Emails forwarding, FTP accounts and much more.
- Outstanding web hosting performance with SSD drives
- 24/7 incredibly fast customer support via live chat and phone
- Best for high traffic websites
- Flexible scalability and custom plans
- Free CDN with daily backups
- 4 different data centers
- Built-in WHM and cPanel
- One-click CMS installers
- SSH access and 1 free dedicated IP
- Much expensive than other hosts in this list
- They charge more money than the resources they provide
RackSpace is another one of the leading cloud hosting services in the industry, it has more than 300k customers and counting. They provide managed, dedicated, and cloud web hosting for developers and webmasters.
Their plans are bit costly, usually starts from $50/month for Public Cloud and $150/month for Cloud Site hosting but they offer outstanding performance, 99.99% guaranteed uptime, 24/7/365 days Technical support, Security, Scalability, and Reliability.
Their incredibly faster servers and 3k+ engineers will never let your site down for a bit. With Cloud Site Hosting plan, you can host unlimited domains on a single account.
At the price of $150 per month, they provide 50 GB Disk Space, 500GB Bandwidth, and unlimited domains. If high price doesn't matter, then give them a shot.
- Pretty fast live chat support for 24/7/365 days
- Experts for Linux and Windows hosting support
- Various cloud services to choose from such AWS, Microsoft, OpenStack, and VMWare
- Cutting-edge six data centers around the world
- 10 Gigabit network speed
- Intel Xeon Processor with SSD storage drives
- Scalability with load balancer
- Much expensive than other hosts in this list
Established in 2003 by Christopher Aker. Linode is a well-known cheap cloud hosting companies in the market. With having more than 800k customers worldwide, they offer features-rich cloud solutions.
Their Basic plan starts at $10/month or $0.015/hr with the resources of 2 GB Ram, 1 Core CPU, 50 GB SSD storage and 2 Terabyte of monthly data transfer. I think their prices are pretty much affordable, Isn’t it?
Webmasters and bloggers looking for a cloud powered web hosting for their blogs can make use of Linode Nanodes which comes at $5/month. It is not only low cost but comes with tons of 1-click apps to help you host WordPress or Drupal backed sites.
The entry Nanodes cloud server brings the power of 1GB Ram, 1CPU Core, 25GB SSD space, and 1TB data transfer at $5 bucks a month. Absolutely suitable for blogs, portfolio sites, small businesses, and small apps.
Currently, Linode has data servers in London, Atlanta, Newark, Frankfurt Fremont, Dallas, Tokyo, Singapore, and Frankfurt. The ample range of data centers across the world makes it possible to choose a server as per your geographical needs. You can easily choose the location of your server as per project requirements.
Built-in control panel is also excellent to install supported distributions within few clicks without any hassle. For instant help, you can find a well-maintained, easy to learn and comprehensive tutorials and dedicated community to get answers from real users.
- Suitable for users having small budget
- SSD powered Linux servers with 40 Gbps network speed
- 99.9% server uptime guarantee
- Intelligent data backup practices
- Detailed "How To" tutorials to help you learn new things
- 24/7 live chat, ticketing system, email and phone support
- Daily backups costs extra charges
- Live chat is little bit confusing
- To handle traffic spikes, you may need NodeBalancer which costs $20/month. But there is no need of this feature for small sites
- You may also like to know some of the best Linode alternatives (Get plans at $2.50/month).
VPSDime is another cheap VPS cloud hosting service that is well known for high RAM packages. The servers are located in five geographical areas mostly the UK and the USA. The current server locations are Amsterdam, Maidenhead, Los Angeles, Dallas, Piscataway, and Seattle.
At the cost of $7/month, you can avail 30 GB SSD storage, 6 GB Ram, 4 vCPU’s, and 2 TB bandwidth with upto 10 Gbps link speed. You can increase the system resources as per your requirement. There is also a Premium VPS option available which comes with $20 per month.
Need a storage cloud VPS for mass data uploading? In that case, VPSDime also offers "Storage VPS" starting at $7/month with 500GB capacity, 4 CPUs, 2GB memory, and a whopping 4TB traffic. You can deploy from a variety of world famous Linux distros, including Debian, Ubuntu, OpenSUSE, Fedora, and CentOS.
Their offers attract the customers who want to avail higher system resources such as huge amount of Ram in their VPS at the lowest price. When we compare the price with other cloud hosting companies in this list, you may surprise that VPSDime provides higher Ram within the same price tag.
- Low cost packages with high memory
- Super fast SSD drives storage
- Full root and SSH access
- Multiple OS choices such as CentOS, Ubuntu, and Fedora, etc.
- Custom hosting plans
- 10GBps network link speed
- They offer ticket based customer support and claims to reply within 15 minutes
- Like many companies they also have no live chat
Scaleway is a new addition to this list which also provides not only cheap cloud hosting starting as low as 0.006 euro per month but feature-rich plans. They offer virtual instances, GPU instances, Object Storage, and Load balancers.
They developed a bunch of tools to help developers and programmers take maximum benefits out of their cloud instances. Easy API integration to automate workflow, Cloud-Init, command line, and DevOps tools assist for smooth operation.
The virtual instance plan "Dev1-S" brings the power of 2 virtual CPUs, 2 GB of memory, 20 GB SSD space and 100Mbit per second bandwidth at the cost of just 2.99 per month. You can upgrade server resources any time with a few mouse clicks and the process is hassle-free too.
For heavy processing, Scaleway also offers 48 vCPUs, 256 RAM, and 600GB storage with 2Gbit per second data transfer rate. Their Cloud GPU plans are best fit for resource intensive projects.
- Good for budget sensitive users
- Advanced solid state drives for quick operations
- Command line and DevOps tools
- Load balancer ensures ultimate performance
- Perfect for websites, blogs, and project testing
- 99.9% SLA uptime
- No live support only phone and community assistance
- Fewer packages
Cloud hosting is a perfect solution for creating an outstanding, faster, and secure development environment for websites and applications.
Though it’s a little bit complicated compared to shared hosting, nowadays, many companies are offering hassle-free managed clouds.After buying your cloud server and setting up everything, you can test your website speed with GTMetrix and Pingdom.
If you’re looking for highly reliable best cloud hosting at cheap rates with high performance and speed, I recommend Vultr and Kamatera. They are the cheapest cloud companies offering outstanding user experience and expert round the clock technical support.
I thoroughly reviewed, compared, and crafted this list of cheap cloud hosting providers to help you get not only affordable but high performance, uptime and reliable services.
If you need further help, don’t hesitate to contact via the comments section or send a direct message through the contact page.