Top 12 Best Cheap Cloud Hosting Providers 2018
The crowded market in the web hosting industry makes it complicated for beginner user for the reluctant choice. If you are a developer and choosing the cloud storage for the first time, you might have to consider few things while selecting the best but cheap cloud hosting provider. If you are a blogger or website manager, your choice will be different to choose the cloud based web hosting planning.
Either way, the primary concern that is why you are here is finding the cheap cloud hosting provider which offer not only low cost service but also deliver the maximum uptime, reliability, and sustainable services.
There are a lot of option available for bloggers, developers, or simple website creators. I am not going to go into detail about it. If you are quite a new blogger, I suggest you go with the shared web hosting. It is the most affordable and easiest way to start any niche blog/site.
In this article, I am not going to talk about shared web hosting. I will be explaining about some of the best cloud hosting providers 2018 in the market and why you must choose them.
So, What is Cloud Hosting and How it Work? (Short Overview)
Well, It is the network of servers around the globe to store users data parallelly on all servers at the same time. It delivers extremely high speed than any other traditional shared hosting. Though it is shared with other individuals but due to the powerful resources (CPU’s, Ram), it’s much better than standard shared hosting, and that is why it’s costly too.
In this type of hosting, If one server goes down, there are many other servers which will cover the outage and your site/system/app never face any disruption. That’s the best feature of this hosting. Also, cloud web hosting users can easily create and restore backups of their content.
Best Cheap Cloud Hosting Services 2018
Here is the list of best cloud hosting providers in 2018, you can choose one of them if looking for high performance but affordable cloud storage.
1. Vultr - [Lowest Rates $0.004/hr]
Vultr is 100% SSD powered low-cost and cheapest cloud hosting provider, they have servers in more than 14 cities around the world. The competitive pricing, 10 Gigabit Redundant Network and the flexible control panel make it the best affordable cloud service. Users billed on the hourly basis.
The basic plan includes 20 GB SSD storage, 512 MB Ram, 1 CPU, and 500 GB data transfer cost you only $2.50 per month. Each plan can be billed on the monthly or hourly basis. Per hour rate for the “Basic package” is around $0.004/hr. There are 8 packages available with different configurations to choose from.
You have the flexibility to use the different operating system such as Centos, Debian, Ubuntu. You can also use your custom ISO. The variety of apps like WordPress, LEMP, CPanel can easily installed from your control panel with a single click.
- Redundant network link speed
- Cheapest cloud hosting with vast resources
- Monthly as well as hourly billing option
- 15 servers worldwide with low latency
- 100 purely SSD based hosting
- Full root control over your VMs
- No live chat for technical support, you can get in touch via ticket
Digital Ocean is another cheap cloud storage provider designed for developers, bloggers, and webmasters. The flexible pricing with robust network infrastructure makes it more likely among its competitors. The plan starts from $5/month with resources of 20 GB Disk space, 512 MB Ram, 1 CPU and 1 Terabyte data transfer.
Prices incrementally increase as resources increase. Their servers powered by SSD drives, easy to use control panel, KVM Virtualization, Hexa Core CPU’s with ECC Ram and 1GB/sec data transfer rate.
You can change the server location, distribution or even installation application like LEMP, WordPress in a single click. Digital Ocean has very supportive community portal with the broad range of tutorial. The support is incredible.
- SSD powered storage solutions
- Trusted by dozens of big names such as HP, Ericsson, Xerox, Salesforce and more.
- Multiple data centers around the world
- Launch your droplet in less than a minute
- Numerous OS to choose from.
- Whopping 40Gbps network speed
- No live chat only ticketing system for technical support
- If you have developers skill then choose this host otherwise pick other company. Because DigitalOcean is little bit complex to set up.
Looking for similar services like DO? Well, you can find some great DigitalOcean alternatives here.
Are you looking for the best managed cloud hosting service but don’t want to spend too much money? Well, CloudWays is one of the great but cheap cloud hosting provider where you can grab hosting plan just at $7/month with 1 Core CPU, GB data storage, 1 TB bandwidth, and 512 MB of RAM. For higher CPU resources, there are tons of plans available to buy.
CloudWays offer cloud hosting solutions through various companies like Vultr, DigitalOcean, AWS, Google cloud platform, and Kyup. So, you can buy from various providers at one place using this host.
Keep in mind, you’re not limited to install specific applications and can install unlimited applications. Another best thing is they offer 1 Click FREE migration from one CloudWays account to another and 24/7 customer support for all plans.
- The most user friendly and easy to use cloud hosting provider I have used so far
- One-click applications installer
- Fast and reliable option for WordPress and other CMS
- 24/7/365 quick live chat
- Free Let's Encrypt SSL certificate
- You can choose CPU, Storage and Ram as per your need.
- Flexible resources scaling option
- Multiple data centers around the globe
- Little bit pricey compared to other services
- Ram should be 768 MB to 1 GB in this price range
- Service could be improved
Host1Plus offer affordable cloud hosting with multiple data center locations around the world. Their servers are located in Germany, South Africa, Lithuania, Brazil, the USA and the UK. They are managing more than 64k customers worldwide and also provide shared, reseller, and VPS hosting solutions.
You can grab cheap WordPress hosting plans as well as cheap Linux cloud server. Linux server plans start at $4 per month with 512 MB Ram, 20 GB Disk space, and 2 TB monthly bandwidth. There are 6 different plans to choose from with higher configurations. New customers can get 15% discount using "MYTIPSHUB" coupon code.
Each plan comes with 1 free backup, Xeon E5 v3 processors, 10 GB link speed, DDR4 error correcting-code ram and virtualization technology. Sounds enough to give it a try?
You can also buy Windows cloud hosting which costs little bit higher than Linux and start at $25 per month with 4 GB of Ram, 100 GB space, 2 core CPU, and 5 TB bandwidth.
Host1Plus has a 14 days trial period, or you can say money back guarantee policy. Before buying for an annual plan, you can purchase their one month plan to check if they provide what they claim.
- Trusted by more than 64K customers
- Proactive technical support team
- Free backup for each plan
- Multiple data centers across the world
- Along with cloud hosting, they also offer low-cost web hosting plans for major CMS like WordPress.
- SSH keys and Custom ISO
- Multiple OS installation options such as Debian, CentOS, Ubuntu and Fedora
- Lack of live chat support
- Only 14 days for trial or refund time
- You will need to pay $60/month for EXTRA CARE support but there is a huge knowledge base to find easy to learn tutorials
- For cPanel you have to purchase license which costs $15/month
When it comes to excellent and reliable but inexpensive cloud hosting, we can’t neglect BlueHost. Also, they are one of the top 10 web hosting companies. They offer incredibly faster, reliable and simpler WordPress cloud storage at the starting price of $6.95 per month. You can host 1 website, 100 Gig disk space, 1 free domain, 2 GB Ram, 2 CPU’s, $50 marketing credits and much more in Basic plan.
However, in Business Pro plan $15.95/month they offer Dedicated IP, SSL certificate, Spam expert, Privacy guard and Site backup facilities. When you purchase their any plan, you will get a domain name for one year absolutely free. Is it costly with these lot of features? Of course not!
As you can see above their cloud-servers are faster (Just 151 ms) than many others. Their dashboard is simpler and user friendly; you can easily monitor uptime, page download speed, usage trends, and global reach. The instant resources management system will never let your site down due to traffic spikes.
- Outstanding failover technology to protect your data from any incident
- Cutting-edge server speed to deliver fast load times along with the global CDN
- Three data mirroring system for extra safety
- Dedicated 24/7/365 phone and live chat
- Blazingly fast server response time of 151ms
- No site backup for "Starter" and "Performance" plans
- No restore option except "Business Pro" plan
- Sometimes live chat team take too much time to respond
Everyone loves to get more features than the money they pay, am I right? And this where InterServer's cheapest cloud hosting comes in the game. With the ability to create custom vps cloud hosting server at the affordable price, they offer a free Bread Basket control panel to manage your hosting account.
At the cost of just $6/month, you can avail a Linux based cloud server with 1 GB of Ram, 25 GB disk space 1 Core CPU, and 1 TB giant monthly bandwidth. However, there are 16 different plans available to choose from with higher configuration to fulfill every user’s need. You can also buy Windows VPS cloud plan which starts at $10/month.
Each server built with SSD storage drives to deliver 20x blazingly fast speed than the traditional hosting along with 99.9% uptime guarantee. You can install dozens of apps on your server such as WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Magento, and Prestashop, etc.
They have 3 VPS locations that support all the major operating systems like Ubuntu, Windows, CentOS, Debian, Fedora, OpenSuse, OpenWall, ArchLinux, Cern Linux, Slackware, Funtoo, and Scientific. They offer 24/7 award-winning customer support through live chat, ticket system, helpdesk, and forum.
- Highly affordable with multiple server locations
- Wide range of supported operating systems
- 24/7 instant customer support via live chat
- 20x faster SSD based cloud hosting
- Raid 10 protected servers
- Full root access and DNS manager
- They don't offer refund option but for the very first month, you just have to pay 1 cent to try their hosting quality. And I don't think its a big issue. You'll get full account access with a bunch of premium features.
1and1 also have cloud hosting solutions along with other services like domain registration, email marketing tools, shared hosting etc. Their servers are extremely fast, secure and flexible. The best part of 1and1 is they offer the first month hosting without any charges. You can grab cloud storage at the price of $9.99 per month with the resources of 50 Gig storage, 1 GB Ram, and 1 vCore processor server.
They give all the plans FREE for the first month to all new customers. Also, you’ll get 24/7 technical support, Dedicated IP’s, Unlimited traffic and load balancer features. It’s highly affordable for small and starter projects to maintain budget limits.
You are also allowed to use any operating systems options such as Windows, CentOS, Debian and Ubuntu with 32/64-bit based technology. If you want affordable plans, go for 1and1, you will never regret this decision.
- One month free plan
- Giant 50GB SSD storage space
- 1GB memory with load balancer
- 24/7/365 Phone support
- Free SSL certificate
- Unlimited data transfer
- Intel Xeon processor
- You can build customized plan according to your need
- Full API, Backup, and Firewall
- Multiple data centers
They also have no live chat like DigitalOcean but you can contact via phone anytime- Now they have chat
- Best solution for users having low budget
DreamHost is an award-winning web hosting service for WordPress websites as well as applications. They are managing more than 1.5 million sites and apps. It is not just a web host but also offers many other services such as site builder, domain name registration, and much more. Along with other hosting solutions like WordPress hosting, Dedicated and VPS web hosting, they also provide low cost but best cheap cloud hosting at unbelievable prices.
You can get cloud storage just at $4.50 per month with a bunch of powerful features such as root access, SSH access, SSD storage, high speed networks, superior CPU processors, MongoDB, Redis, Ruby, OpenStack, and so on… No matter which platform you want to use, if its Windows, Linux, Node.js, Python, or whatever it is, DreamHost allow all of these stuff within all plans.
DreamHost’s cloud packages powered by SSD drives to deliver blazingly fast speed and free bandwidth. You can grab the very first plan just at $4.50/month which includes 1 vCPU, 512 MB Ram, 100 GB storage block, and 80 GB SSD space. It’s the most affordable plan, but you can also avail higher plans with more resources. Their service is enough fast to help you launch your server within 30 seconds without waiting for hours like many other competitors.
Now another great thing is to secure your investment, DreamHost gives you a 97-day refund guarantee. Yes, it’s enormous period, and barely few web hosts offer this kind of money back guarantee. So, you can ask for the refund anytime if you don’t get what they claim. If you stuck in many hosts to decide which one should you go for, give DreamHost a try.
- Complete control and full root access
- All the plans powered by SSD drives for maximum speed and reliability
- They have good reputation among web hosts and handling more than 1.5 million sites, apps, and blogs
- 97- Day pro-long refund policy
- Start your server within 30 seconds
- You can use all the major tools
- Huge disk space (80 GB as well as 100 GB block) even for the basic package
- Free bandwidth
- Suitable for users having limited budget
- Contacting with technical support is little bit complicated
- No phone or live chat support. They offer ticket system for help which take time to get reply
SiteGround also an awesome but costly best cloud company available to host your website. Its “Entry Cloud” plan comes with 40 GB Disk space, 4 GB Ram, 2 CPU’s, 5 TB Bandwidth, Dedicated IP, Daily Backup, Free Domain Name and 99.99% uptime guarantee at the price of $80 per month. They provide fully managed server and ultra fast SSD based hosting to make your site blazingly fast.
They have 4 data servers to choose from which are located in multiple locations. In addition, you can activate Free CDN service to make your site accessible within seconds all around the world. In case, your cloud server goes down/face emergency their 24/7 technical staff will respond you within 10 minutes to fix the problem.
The admin control panel is easy to navigate, reliable and packed with a lot of useful tools to monitor your site statistics. You can easily create Emails address, Emails forwarding, FTP accounts and much more.
- Outstanding web hosting performance with SSD drives
- FREE domain name and SSL certificate
- 24/7 incredibly fast customer support via live chat and phone
- Best for high traffic websites
- Flexible scalability and custom plans
- Free CDN with daily backups
- 4 different data centers
- Built-in WHM and cPanel
- One-click CMS installers
- SSH access and 1 free dedicated IP
- Much expensive than other hosts in this list
- They charge more money than the resources they provide
RackSpace is another one of the leading cloud service providers in hosting industry, have more than 300k customers and counting. They provide managed dedicated and cloud web hosting for developers and web owners.
Their plans are bit costly, usually starts from $50/month for Public Cloud and $150/month for Cloud Site hosting but they offer outstanding performance, 99.99% guaranteed uptime, 24/7/365 days Technical support, Security, Scalability, and Reliability.
Their incredibly faster servers and 3k+ engineers will never let your site down for a bit. With Cloud Site Hosting plan, you can host unlimited domains on a single account. At the price of $150 per month, they provide 50 GB Disk Space, 500GB Bandwidth, and unlimited domains. If high price doesn't matter, then give them a shot.
- Pretty fast live chat support for 24/7/365 days
- Experts for Linux and Windows hosting support
- Various cloud services to choose from such AWS, Microsoft, OpenStack, and VMWare
- Cutting-edge six data centers around the world
- 10 Gigabit network speed
- Intel Xeon Processor with SSD storage drives
- Scalability with load balancer
- Much expensive than other cloud hosts in this list
Established in 2003 by Christopher Aker. Linode is well-known cloud hosting providers in the market. With having more than 400,000 customers worldwide, they offer features-rich cloud storage plans.
Their Basic plan starts at $5/month or $0.0075/hr with the resources of 1 GB Ram, 1 Core CPU, 20 GB SSD storage and 1 Terabyte of monthly data transfer. I think their prices are pretty much affordable, Isn’t it?
Currently, Linode has data servers in London, Atlanta, Newark, Frankfurt Fremont, Dallas, Tokyo, Singapore, and Frankfurt. The ample range of data centers across the world makes it possible to choose the cloud server as per your geographical needs. You can easily choose the location of your hosting server.
Built-in control panel is also excellent to install supported distributions within few clicks without any hassle. For instant help, you can find a well-maintained, easy to learn and comprehensive tutorials and dedicated community to get answers from real users.
- Suitable for users having small budget
- Free cPanel and website migration
- SSD powered Linux servers with 40 Gbps network speed
- 99.9% server uptime guarantee
- Intelligent data backup practices
- Detailed "How To" tutorials to help you learn new things
- 24/7 live chat, ticketing system, email and phone support
- Daily backups costs extra charges
- Live chat is little bit confusing
- To handle traffic spikes, you may need NodeBalancer which costs $20/month. But there is no need of this feature for small sites
You may also like to know some of the best Linode alternatives for awesome cloud storage.
VPSDime is another cheap VPS cloud hosting service that is well known for high RAM packages. The servers are located in five geographical areas mostly the UK and the USA. The current server locations are Amsterdam, Maidenhead, Los Angeles, Dallas, Piscataway, and Seattle.
At the cost of $7/month, you can avail 30 GB SSD storage, 6 GB Ram, 4 vCPU’s, and 2 TB bandwidth with upto 10 Gbps link speed. You can increase the system resources as per your requirement. There is also a Premium VPS option available which comes with $20 per month.
Their offers attract the customers who want to avail higher system resources such as huge amount of Ram in their cloud VPS at the lowest price. When we compare the price with other cloud hosting companies in this list, you may surprise that VPSDime provides higher Ram within the same price tag.
- Low cost packages with high memory
- Super fast SSD drives storage
- Full root and SSH access
- Multiple OS choices such as CentOS, Ubuntu, and Fedora, etc.
- Custom hosting plans
- 10GBps network link speed
- They offer ticket based customer support and claims to reply within 15 minutes
- Like many companies they also have no live chat
Conclusion - So, What's the Reliable but Cheapest Cloud Hosting Provider?
Cloud based web hosting is the perfect solution for creating an outstanding, faster and secure site and applications. Though it’s little bit costly if compare to shared hosting, but quality comes with the price. After buying cloud hosting and setting up your site, you can test your website speed with GTMetrix and Pingdom.
If you’re looking for affordable,cheap and best cloud service with high performance and speed, I recommend Vultr ($2.50/mo) and DigitalOcean ($5/mo). They are the cheapest cloud hosting provider and offers an outstanding user experience with fantastic 24/7 technical support.
Still, need more help?
Don’t hesitate to contact via comments section or send a direct message through the contact page. Share which one you think is the best cloud hosting to get high performance, uptime, and reliability.